Hello friend! I am thrilled that you have chosen to join us in reading through Remarkable Women of the Bible. This next six weeks is going to be fun and hopefully full of some new growth in our hearts and our relationships. Since we are spending time together, I thought we should start with an introduction. So, who are you? Tell us whatever you want us to know. Give us the skinny. Lay out the low down. Cut to the chase. Tell us the top seven things we should know about you in the comments below.
Before you jump into that, here is the format of how each week will go.
- Every Saturday, (or some time around then) check in for the new coming week.
- Leave your response to questions or comment on posts. The more we chat the more fun this will be.
- Check in through the week to see if anyone has responded to you.
- If you make a connection with someone on here, carry your relationship a little further and find your new friends on social media. I can’t tell you how many warriors I have found online. We need each other in real life and virtual land.
- Each week we will read a new chapter and answer one or two questions about it.
- I’ll be posting on Instagram as well as here on the blog. Leave your chat comments wherever you feel most comfortable.
- Don’t stress. Just read when you can and jump in even if you didn’t get the reading done.
- Say a prayer before you read each time. Just throw out a quick minute of surrender and ask God to reveal the good and not so good from each Bible character. Be raw enough to ask him, “How do I need to change? Show me, Lord.”
- Finally, this group is not exclusive. If you love this and think someone you know may want to jump in (even well after we begin) then share this post with them.
It’s not too late to get your book in paperback or on Kindle! Amazon has both.
Here’s the link.
10 thoughts on “Week 1: Remarkable Housewives of the Bible”
Hey sisters! I’m rebecca pierce – wife, momma to 4, entrepreneur of too many side gigs and a Bible study teacher. I’m excited to be here cuz I have this crazy habit of meeting people online and making them friends IRL (seriously. My husband. Shontell. Too many others to name. But I’m cool with that because I live in a small farm town that has 3 gas stations and 2 dollar generals so finding new friends can be a little hard). Lastly I’m eager to be here because I tend to start books and not finish them. So this little group might help me finish this one & in a timely fashion, nonetheless. Let’s get this party started!
REBECCA!! That small farm town needs you. And we need you here in this group. ❤️
What a blessing you can be in your small town!!
I am Janessa, a wife, mom of three and currently am recovering from a brain injury. I lost most of my memory and all life skills. So I have to learn how to be a mom,wife and human again. I can’t wait to start this book, I feel this was my answered prayer! I prayed for God to guide me and help me become a whole woman again and this post has showed up in so many ways this week I couldn’t ignore it! I look forward to learning from the book and the many women who are going to be on this book adventure 🙂
Janessa!! This story is amazing, and I’m so honored to have you here as part of this group. I’m so excited to get to know you better through this!
Blessings to you as you rediscover the beautiful women in the Bible ~ trusting that God will reveal more of who you are as you go through the study.
Hi there ~ my name is René and I live in SoCal (near the Rose Bowl area). I’ve been married to Tony for 29 years this coming July! We have three daughters & a son-in-law (19, 23, 25 & 32). We are basically empty-nesters & not hating it!! The key is that we’ve always made our marriage our top priority that we’re still having fun! My husband & I are actively serving in many leadership roles at our church too. One of the most fun things I’m doing, for the past year now, is being a student mentor to college women at Azusa Pacific University. I meet with them once a week, between 2-6 students individually, depending on the semester. I’m working on writing two book proposals to present later this year at The Declare Conference too. I love to read & on-line studies are something new for me that I’m really enjoying. Happy to be here with y’all!!
Wow! René that is all so exciting! I LOVE Declare. So so so much! And I’m really excited to know you better through this study
I’m Erin from Vegas. I’ve been married for 16 years and am coming out of a difficult year, where healing is still taking place but our marriage is full of hope. Currently, I spend most of my time with my 2 girls (12 & 15) in the car as I drive them to gymnastics and aerial arts classes every day. They stay very busy so I treasure our drives and I look forward to this book as it will give me more ideas to chit-chat with them about.
ERIN NYE!! I’m so grateful you’re here and to hear that things are looking up. Love hearing that hope is settling in with you guys.
Comments are closed.