July is a big month for The Brewers around here. Four of our kids are now old enough to attend youth camp. This is really weird because I am still basically 13 and packing to go myself. I am not old enough to have four kids in youth group. Right? Anyone? Also, I get to attend a blogging conference.
For a girl who has been blogging for 11 years, attending the Declare Conference is a dream come true. Plus, it’s in Dallas. In the summer. Are you thinking what I am thinking? My hair, right? What’s to become of me?
They’ve asked me to share a few things about myself, so here goes:
1. If we were meeting in person, how would you introduce yourself? (job, family, career, ministry, where you live … share whatever details come to mind)
Handsome calls me Wife, 5 children call me Mamma, mum, or Lady, my 5th grade students call me Ms. Pretty, my agent calls me her writer, my blog readers call me Nonsense, my church calls me pastor, and Grand Canyon University calls me student. I love this life.
2. What is your favorite thing to write and why?
Blog posts. About surviving as a parent and usually ones that make us laugh. They are personal and my real true self. They are quick, and it’s easy to give a little piece of me. I like to think these posts help others feel like they aren’t alone in this crazy gig.
3. What is your favorite thing to read and why? (If this question is too broad for you avid readers, what’s a favorite book or blog you’ve read lately?)
Teen literature (YA). It didn’t exist when I was a kid. I read my first chapter book when I was three. I had completed the entire series of The Chronicles of Narnia by the time I was seven. By the time I was in 5th grade there wasn’t a genre that interested me. I was stuck reading Dean Koontz and Stephen King. Great reads, but not really appropriate for my age! Now, I am catching up on lost time. Currently reading about Miss Peregrine and her crazy school.
4. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
Anything as long as it includes my entire family. With one girl headed off to college, a husband who works heavy duty during fire season, and two of our kids in the full swing high school life, it’s tricky to get us all in the same room. An entire day with those clowns sounds wonderful.
5. What’s one thing you love about your blog and one thing you’d like to improve?
I love the family feel and sarcasm that happens here. Not just from me, but from my readers, too. God has brought us together.
I would like to change over to my website and up the professionalism of my blog.
6. [Lightning Round] Would you rather …
- Read on Kindle or paperback? Paperback
- Drink coffee or tea? Coffee. What’s tea?
- Go to a musical or a movie? Movie. Sometimes two in one day.OK 3.
- Vacation at the beach or the mountains? Mountains.Less sand in my nethers.
- Have an exciting night out or a relaxing night in? Night in.
- Watch sports, play sports, or no sports? Watch sports. #GoAces
How about you? What are your answers for the lightning round?
I love getting to know you.
You’re my favorite when you share. Its WJWD.